Egad!! A Laboratory in the Bathroom


The 21st Century is full of digital toys for adults. And, of course, it's no different for kids. Especially for boys, the draw to video games seems to only increase and intensify with age and this is no different for Aaron.

In our house, I started out with pretty strict rules regarding the amount of screen time allowed, including video games. Currently, Aaron is allowed to play 1 hour of video games every 2 days. While I'm not super rigid, I do try to keep him committed to this rhythm....and surprisingly, to his credit, he has gone along with it.

On the off days when he does not play video games, Aaron has been developing his creativity and imagination. He loves to draw and also enjoys writing. Also, even at age 10, he still plays with toys and imagines stories and adventures, just as he did in his younger childhood years.

That being said, Aaron lives for his time on his latest digital toy: The Nintendo Switch. His current favorite game is Luigi's Mansion 3, which I must say, provides cool adventures as he travels through this haunted house looking to capture ghosts and rescue his friends.

Aaron has explained to me that there is a character in this game called Egad who is a scientist and has a laboratory.

One day this week, I called to Aaron to begin getting ready for bed, but he didnt respond. I looked around the house, but I couldn't find him. Finally, I discovered that he was in the upstairs bathroom, sitting under the sink, pretending to be Egad (from hsi favorite video game) in his recently-converted laboratory!

Please pray....
  • Thank the Lord for Aaron! 
  • Thank God for his sweet, affectionate spirit and his gifts of creativity.
  • Pray that God would continue to awaken Aaron's spiritual interest throughout his days and during each week, whether during or outside of his screen time.

Comments

Unknown said…
Thank you for sharing specific prayer requests for Aaron. It is a privilege to pray for you and yours, Jill.
Dave Leland/Raleigh NC
Jill in Spain said…


Wow. Aaron is an amazing guy!!

Love,
Mom

Popular posts from this blog

Closing a chapter - "graduating" another cohort of new staff

Meet the Monkey on Mondays!

Immigrant moms advancing together