Meet the Monkey on Mondays!
Every week, heck, every day God is working in our lives....but how aware are we? How have you seen Him show up this week?
One struggle in communicating regularly was related to the "slow" nature of ministry. Sometimes, it is hard to see what God is doing. One rationale that dominated my thinking is that maybe it is that God is working much more slowly here, so rather share news each month, I may have to wait, 6, 9, 12 months to have a story to tell.
However, as I make this shift to share a "blip" from each day, it has revolutionized the way I see God's work here, in my personal life and in ministry.
A specific tool I am using to deliver my messages and stories to you across the ocean is MailChimp, an email marketing platform online; and, although I am sure that I am not getting nearly as much out of MailChimp as I could, but just the fact to be getting any news out at all is a big step for me.
The MailChimp platform allows you to write back directly to the sender (that's me) by hitting the reply button without having to look for my email address.
So, feel free to respond directly to any updates I send with your questions and your own updates and prayer requests.
The very same day last week's update when out, I received messages from a spiritual leader from my youth (pictured left), from a fellow staff member from my time working in Texas and from a former disciple from my days at Southwest Texas State. What a joy and refreshment it really is to hear from far away friends!
It is so true what King Soloman says...
If this week is any indication of things to come, I think that the decision to MEET UP WITH MAILCHIMP on Mondays is gonna rock!
Please pray...
One struggle in communicating regularly was related to the "slow" nature of ministry. Sometimes, it is hard to see what God is doing. One rationale that dominated my thinking is that maybe it is that God is working much more slowly here, so rather share news each month, I may have to wait, 6, 9, 12 months to have a story to tell.
However, as I make this shift to share a "blip" from each day, it has revolutionized the way I see God's work here, in my personal life and in ministry.
A specific tool I am using to deliver my messages and stories to you across the ocean is MailChimp, an email marketing platform online; and, although I am sure that I am not getting nearly as much out of MailChimp as I could, but just the fact to be getting any news out at all is a big step for me.
The MailChimp platform allows you to write back directly to the sender (that's me) by hitting the reply button without having to look for my email address.So, feel free to respond directly to any updates I send with your questions and your own updates and prayer requests.
The very same day last week's update when out, I received messages from a spiritual leader from my youth (pictured left), from a fellow staff member from my time working in Texas and from a former disciple from my days at Southwest Texas State. What a joy and refreshment it really is to hear from far away friends!
It is so true what King Soloman says...
"Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land." Proverbs 25:25
Please pray...
- Thank God for each of the members of this incredible support team that makes this ministry happen.
- Thank God for opportunities to reconnect with faithful friends and supporters.
- Pray that God would encourage each reader with the news of His works here in Spain.


Comments