Elena Lobo and Ágape+
Energy, joy and wise living. These are three words I would use to describe Elena Lobo, Ágape's intern during the 2019-20 school year.Elena is from Seville and I met her for the first time last spring when I interviewed her by skype. Even at hundreds of miles away, her vibrance and strong commitment to the Lord were evident.
After acceptance she came to Barcelona for a couple of days for our Intern Orientation, (above, far left).
Since October, Elena has been working with the agape+ (pronounced AH-ga-pay Mas) team in Barcelona where she is getting college credit for her major in Psychology and learning to serve the Lord through social justice projects.Elena is pictured, left, leading a discussion to raise awareness with high school students about social justice.
As the coordinator for the Intern Program, I met with Elena this week to hear about her experiences so far and to learn how we can keep improving this special year of learning for other interns who come in the future.
"One thing that has been difficult has been learning to manage my time! The article in the Intern Training about Time Management and creating a schedule was VERY helpful!"
Her favorite job among her various responsibilities is to accompany the women who are living in Agape's transition apartment for women who want to stop living in the street. She goes grocery shopping with them. She makes dinner with them."I think the opportunities I am getting this year are important, not only because they correspond with my studies, but also because the training in sharing my faith is important in any context."
One important aspect of the Intern Program is to ensure that each intern has a trainer to accompany him or her during these months of ministry. Lidia García, a fellow agape+ team member and new mom, serves as Elena's trainer.
"One thing that has been indispensible has been having a trainer. She gives me perspective on the different projects we work on and when we talk about the training material together, she shares ideas that I might not have ever thought about."
After Elena finishes her internship with Ágape this summer, she would like to continue her studies in grad school.
Please pray for Elena....
-that God would use her greatly in the lives of the women in the agape+ apartment
-that Elena would continue to hear God's voice and experience His great love for her
-that God would use her to challenge other young people to join the Internship Program with Ágape.
Comments