Investing in the Super Mommys
In celebration of Women's history month, during this month of March, I want to share with you about the the privilege I have to work with all kinds of women in Ágape, some volunteers and others long-term staff.
Today, I celebrate Supermamás, a small group of women who live in the surrounding area who are caring for their newborns and little ones and seeking to grow in the Lord at the same time.
I remember when I was a new mom in our little village of Sant Vicenç de Castellet. I was so far removed from my Ágape community in Barcelona. The days were long and lonely for me. God was faithful and sustained me and carried me.....but I have never forgotten that difficult season of life and have prayed for an opportunity to be an encouragement and a light for other moms so that they don't have to learn to be moms in isolation and loneliness.
I started by mentioning the idea to a few moms at our church who live close to me. They invited a couple of moms. They seem to have really enjoyed the idea and we have been meeting since January almost every week!
Raquel, Leigha, Dilean, Dámaris and Marcela are 5 strong and courageous women. The majority are first-time mothers. They are also professional women: a nurse, a missionary to Muslim women, an accountant, a social worker and a special education specialist.
As any mom knows, finding balance and focus during the early years as a mom is such a challenge. Over these first few weeks, we have had a chance to get to know each other, share our testimonies, pray for one another and begin reading Risen Motherhood together.
Please pray for these sweet young mothers: for wisdom, for energy, for patience, for creativity, for perseverance and also for a sweet spirit of community to continue growing among us. I don't know exactly what the Lord will do, but He has been showing up each week and I believe that He wants to do something special in us and through us to reach our community for Christ.


Comments