Health in a Country with Health Care for All
Please forgive the pause in communication recently! Last week, I started feeling bad and Aaron joined me the next day. He was home from Wednesday through Friday!
We started with all the typical home remedies: chicken soup, Tylenol, extra liquids and extra rest. However, on Thursday morning Aaron woke me up saying that he could not breathe.
So, I put Aaron in the bathtub with hot water running, hoping the steam might open up his airways while I made an appointment at the local primary care center.
We waited an hour past our appointment time, but finally the doctor was able to see Aaron. After listening to his lungs, she said that, indeed, he was suffering from a strong case of bronchitis. Right there in the office, she gave him some medicine to breathe in through this plastic mask. Later that afternoon, we bought the prescribed medicines to nurse him back to health.
I am so grateful to live in a country where we have almost immediate access to doctor care and medicine. As a side note, in our case, it has definitely been a blessing to live in a country with socialized medicine. There has never been a need to deal with insurance companies nor co-pays nor additional costs that come later in the mail.
Thank God for restoring Aaron's health!
We are now heading out the door now for Tae Kwon Do practice tonight!
We started with all the typical home remedies: chicken soup, Tylenol, extra liquids and extra rest. However, on Thursday morning Aaron woke me up saying that he could not breathe.
So, I put Aaron in the bathtub with hot water running, hoping the steam might open up his airways while I made an appointment at the local primary care center.
We waited an hour past our appointment time, but finally the doctor was able to see Aaron. After listening to his lungs, she said that, indeed, he was suffering from a strong case of bronchitis. Right there in the office, she gave him some medicine to breathe in through this plastic mask. Later that afternoon, we bought the prescribed medicines to nurse him back to health.
I am so grateful to live in a country where we have almost immediate access to doctor care and medicine. As a side note, in our case, it has definitely been a blessing to live in a country with socialized medicine. There has never been a need to deal with insurance companies nor co-pays nor additional costs that come later in the mail.
Thank God for restoring Aaron's health!
We are now heading out the door now for Tae Kwon Do practice tonight!


Comments