Connections
Sometimes it's hard to live the life of an ex-pat. I don't have my family and old friends with a long history here. I sometimes still miss cultural cues that would help me to know how to respond in certain situations.
Being from another country does have its benefits though. A good portion of my staff career, the formative years, were spent in the U.S. and some significant relationships were formed during that time. Those connections can be useful at times when there is a need to resource one of our Spanish staff.
Mariló Fuentes is an incredible staff woman who has begun to serve as the Director of the Campus Ministry in Málaga, in addition to serving at our national office in the areas of MPD, Donations and Reimbursements.
Recently she has begun to experience a restlessness in life, sensing that God may be calling her to make a change, to look for more training, to pursue even greater growth.
I had the privilege to chat with Mariló in February about her situation. A learning sabbatical might be just what she needs at this juncture in life, to continue in ministry but to change her setting. Her desire is to go to the U.S. to participate in ministry with Cru.
Because of training opportunities I received, I had developed a relationship with Andrea Buczynski, one of Campus Crusade's Global VP's. More recently because of my connection with Andrea, I have also developed a connection with Terry Morgan, one of Campus Crusade's Global LDHR Directors. After talking with Mariló, I left voice messages with both Andrea and Terry about her need and asked if either might be available to give advice or coaching to help Mariló in her decision-making process.
At the end of February I mentioned this great opportunity to Mariló but never heard back from her. So, today, after writing to her, she responded by saying that she has had to put this development pursuit on hold due to other personal and ministry issues. 😔
I thank God for women like Andrea and Terry and Mariló. Please pray specifically for Mariló, that God would use this waiting time to lead her to just the right place to help her grow. Pray that He would encourage her and strengthen her as she continues to seek His face and His will.


Comments