Designing to Win Others

Today, as on many days, has been an opportunity put my artistic side to use for God's Kingdom. Let me explain...

Over the last 3 years, I have discovered that visual design is something that I really enjoy. Although I never studied it as a career, it is definitely an interest that I have been able to put to use for the Lord through printed pieces, power point presentations and online web pages.


Three years ago, we discovered through feedback from our staff that the majority didn't know or understand what LDHR had to offer them. So, based on a suggestion, with help from our IT specialist, Lidia Toledo, I created an internal web page (above) with information and helpful resources that our staff coule access at any time. It has received positive feedback and has served to improve our communication with our staff and to better equip our staff on the field for ministry.


Today I put the finishing touches on a draft presentation (left) about this year's Intern Program that I would like to present to our ministry directors, to give them a visual reminder of where we have come in the last 4 years since launching our Intern Program. Click here to see the proposal for our ministry directors.


Last fall, for our National Staff Conference, I created a brochure (below) to highlight the job opportunities Ágape offers. The brochure was distributed to disciples and other volunteers who attended our conference.


About 10 days ago, one of our senior staff, Ruben Fernández, was invited to a speak at a seminary in Spain and suggested that a leaving piece could be an important way to generate more contact with any interested seminarians.

So, today, I spent part of the day adapting the brochure's digital design for a user-friendly print out so that Rubén can take some copies for himself as he shares about what God is doing through Ágape and challenges them to consider joining with us.

Please pray...

--that staff would continue to benefit from the information and resources from our internal staff web page.

--that God would open doors in our various ministries for more interns enter in to participate full-time in God's work with Ágape

--that God would use the Ágape brochure to put us in contact with interested seminarians whom God may be calling to join our staff.





























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closing a chapter - "graduating" another cohort of new staff

Meet the Monkey on Mondays!

Immigrant moms advancing together