Filling Gaps

The phone rang this afternoon.

"Hey Jill, have you got a few minutes to talk?" I had just finished eating and Aaron was still sleeping. "Sure," I said, welcoming  the opportunity to visit with a staff friend between bottle feedings. It was an international staff woman needing to process some thoughts, concerns about administrative decisions, uncertainties about the future for ministry in her city.

Surfing the cultural differences in a national organization can be a challenge at times. In our ministry here we all have the same heart--to see Spaniards come to know Jesus...but there are situations where the WAY we go about things is different. That can be confusing at times. It´s helpful to have someone to help interpret the situation, a fellow compatriot who has gone before us.

Even though I´m not on the frontlines of campus ministry in Spain at the moment, I have logged quite a few years here. Not only have I learned something about the culture, but I´ve also gotten to know some of the Spanish leadership here and understand a bit about how they work. It was encouraging to reconnect with this staff woman, to validate her feelings and to give some reassurance to keep trusting our national leadership.

The phone conversation lasted just under an hour and then Aaron woke up. I had to go....but what a treat to be able to fill in a little gap, standing with her and supporting our leadership so that we continue to move forward together to give every Spaniard a chance to know Jesus.

Please pray for all of our staff here in Spain.
Pray that the Lord would meet them where they are, that He would meet their personal, spiritual and financial needs.
Pray that God would encourage them through His Word, especially regarding His love for them and His sovereignty in evangelism and discipleship in Spain.
Pray for perseverance and boldness to keep moving forward with the gospel despite a slow response from Spaniards.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closing a chapter - "graduating" another cohort of new staff

Meet the Monkey on Mondays!

Immigrant moms advancing together