Remaining and bearing fruit
“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples."
-Jesus, 1 John 15:5-8
Late July and August have allowed us the privilege to be back in the U.S. to reconnect and raise additional financial support. As I have connected with family, old friends and faithful partners in the last four weeks, I have seen the blessings of "remaining."
- continue to exist, especially after other similar or related people or things have ceased to exist.
- continue to possess a particular quality or fulfill a particular role."he had remained alert the whole time"
Jesus reminds all of us to remain in Him during our time on earth, to continue to exist in Him even when our youthful image has faded, even after the children have grown up, especially when there has been sadness, disappointment, even betrayal, even when retirement comes, when perfect health ceases to exist and especially when dear ones have passed away.
I have learned about "remaining" from many of you as I see you continuing in the place that you are occupying as followers of Jesus, branches depending on the Vine, trusting in Him.
The visible reminders and benefits or FRUIT of "remaining" with my earthly friendships have reminded me of the great value of remaining in Jesus and His Word. It has also challenged me to once again take Jesus up on His Word by "asking whatever you wish", knowing that it will be done for you.
I want this upcoming season to be filled with powerful, full-of-faith prayers and significant, even surprising, answers to prayer. I will leave you with a few specific prayer requests...
1. Please pray for safe travel back to Spain for Aaron and me.
Since our car accident in 2007, I have always been uneasy flying. Please pray for minimal turbulence. Pray for fun conversations with Aaron. Pray for the ability to just sleep through the flight.
Also, pray for Aaron, that the Lord would bless the last 3 weeks before school starts as he reconnects with friends after being in the U.S. and as he prepares to enter 9th grade. Pray for his protection, pray for courage and boldness to be salt and light for Jesus at his school and in his activities.

2. Please pray for continued growth for Ruben and me as husband and wife.

2. Please pray for continued growth for Ruben and me as husband and wife.
3. Pray for a strong, connected group of married couples to attend our Agape national conference this November.
- are equipped to initiate with friends, coworkers, neighbors and couples at church.
- can create a safe atmosphere to share about the ups and downs of marriage.
- can use their personal experiences to point others to Jesus as the source of life and hope in marriage.







Comments