A pilot program to reach parents



Being a parent is one of the most rewarding and most challenging responsibilities one could ever take on. It brings great joy, but can also wear us out and even create great frustration, especially when things don't go the way we wanted them to.

Time Out for Parents (Darse un respiro) is a Christian course on parenting but uses no Christian language nor bible references. It is designed to minister to all types of parents with the desire to build relationships and create community. I was certified in Spain in May to teach this course, but had no specific context in which to launch it.



I asked the Lord where to start. After talking with teachers, principals, the local library and even the town government, I was encouraged to launch the program in our little village.

I created a website with info and a sign-up form and the city hall even prepared publicity (left). All the information was sent out to parents in the 3 local primary schools as well as the local nursery school. digitally. I also printed posters and hung them all around the town.  

After much prayer and a great amount of preparation, the day of the informational meeting arrived. I went to the library, anxiously awaiting men and women with a desire to grow in their role as parents. Noone came. 😔 















Undeterred, I moved the course online. As an added push, I began recording vídeos like the one below that I posted on the social networks to invite moms and dads to the course. 


So, like jumping in to a cold swimming pool, I launched the parenting school on Tuesday night, October 4 with no idea what would happen.

So far, it's been an incredible learning experience regarding which audiences to target as well as the important learning curve in hosting live Zoom webinars alone. All together, 45 different people have signed up for one or multiple sessions. The sessions are recorded and then sent out for all to be able to watch later if they were not able to attend.
Please pray that God would give me courage, motivation and creativity to develop this learning opportunity and wisdom to know the best way to market it for the 2nd edition. Pray that God would bring moms and dads who need guidance and encouragement as they parent their young children. Pray that God would would open new doors to reach even more people. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closing a chapter - "graduating" another cohort of new staff

Meet the Monkey on Mondays!

Immigrant moms advancing together