Returning to the Beginning



As an adolescent, a high-schooler, a college student and a staff member for many years I have benefited from the initiative, persistence and perspective of a number of godly women across the globe. Each relationship has made an indelible mark on my life which God has used to mold me and mature me so that I can better follow Him.

So, when  there was an announcement this week at church about discipleship and the need for disciple-makers in our church community, I jumped at the chance to serve in this way.

After talking with the director of women's ministry, she mentioned that there is a great gap of discipling with the teenage women in our church. "Wow! Teenagers," I thought. I was thinking about young working women or young moms. It has been quite a while since I've been a teenager. I might be a little rusty in relating.

I was given a list with the names of 6 young ladies plus the youth pastor's wife to connect with. Since I live 30 minutes from the city where I church is I am a bit geographically challenged....but so eager to get to know these women better, to encourage them in their faith and to point them to Jesus and a lifetime of walking with Him.

Please pray for me as I take this small step of faith!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closing a chapter - "graduating" another cohort of new staff

Meet the Monkey on Mondays!

Immigrant moms advancing together