Passing the Baton


When I first arrived in Spain, more than ten years ago, Tere Alvarez was just leaving for a year-long STINT in the U.S. At that time Agape Spain did not have an official Human Resources Department. By faith Tere set out to learn all she could to establish this crucial area for our National Office to ensure that our Spanish staff and interns would have the necessary processes and infrastructure so that they could get on with the job of taking the gospel to the nations.

This month, Tere announced the decision to move on to pursue new directions in ministry and missions. Because she carried SO MANY responsibilities, as of now, there is no ONE person who could fill her shoes. However, the national direction has challenged me to take on several of her responsibilities, including payroll, hiring contracts, tracking incoming staff support and reimbursements, in addition to already coordinating the visa process for our international staff.

With much trepidation, I have answered the call and am trusting God to use me in this crucial role. Although it's a behind-the-scenes job, it has to do with the handling of money, which almost always reveals the hearts and character of people. I see this step as an opportunity to build trust and credibility with our Spanish staff across the nation.

Please pray that God would equip me as I work with numbers and with people and their money. Pray that He would give me wisdom, discernment, patience and credibility as I begin working on this new level with our staff. Pray that I could help facilitate their financial issues so that they can focus all they have on carrying the gospel to their cities here in Spain.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closing a chapter - "graduating" another cohort of new staff

Meet the Monkey on Mondays!

Immigrant moms advancing together