Fill In the Blanks


15 women from Morocco. They all showed up this week. They are eager to learn. A few can write. Most cannot.

They are so grateful for the smallest efforts. In the one hour a week I have with them on Friday mornings I want to give them all that I have. I want to give them a step up in the midst of this world economic crisis. All but one are married. All those who are married have at least 2 often 4-6 children that they are rearing. As we seek to bless these ladies, we will also be influencing scores of children.

Fatima, Fatima, Yamna, Jamila, Fatima, Fatima, Latifa, 
Samira, Rahma, Halima, Fatima, Hasna, Louiza, Hanán, Turiya

Would you pray for them? Please pray that God would point out those who are open to hear more about Him. Please pray that He would reveal those that we can help in other areas in addition to language acquisition.

What? You don´t see anyone in the classroom pictured above? The students are very shy. They have a strong aversion to cameras, especially the older ones. So, out of respect, I try not to take pictures of them...but it´s hard because I want you to see their smiles, the lines on their faces, their colorful headcoverings, their big eyes as we learn new phrases. Try to imagine them. Fill in those blanks....

Next week, October 26, we will not meet because of the Muslim holiday of Eid al-Adha, the Feast of the Sacrifice. (It´s the story of Abraham sacrificing his son Ishmael and how God provided an animal in his place. Such a similar story to our Biblical story with Abraham and Isaac.) Please pray for opportunities to talk more with them about this holiday. Pray for each of these that the Lord would reveal to them His Lamb, Jesus Christ. Pray that He would use these Spanish classes as a starting point for conversations about Jesus.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closing a chapter - "graduating" another cohort of new staff

Meet the Monkey on Mondays!

Immigrant moms advancing together