Mutual Encouragement


 4 I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers, 5 because I hear about your love for all his holy people and your faith in the Lord Jesus. 6 I pray that your partnership with us in the faith may be effective in deepening your understanding of every good thing we share for the sake of Christ. 7 Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the Lord’s people. (Philemon 1:4-7, New International Version)

Pictured above is Marian Bootello, whom I have mentioned several times in the last few years. Marian is a Spanish woman from Málaga who joined the staff of Agape 9 years ago to work with adolescents. We first met in the south when I worked in Granada and she was a student at the University of Málaga; and started collaborating together when she joined the Campus staff of Agape in Sevilla in 2002.

Because we share a common background of the Campus ministry and because we are both new to the staff team in Terrassa, we have found a natural connection. Recently she asked me if we could meet weekly for some one-on-one accountability and encouragement.

So, we´ve begun reading the book, Mujer a Mujer by Joyce Meyer and then meet weekly to discuss each week´s reading and its potential application. When we meet we´ve decided to meet on a different university campus to also do some prayer walking while we´re together.

Please pray for God to use this book in our personal lives to help us grow and mature in our relationships with Him. Pray that God would also use us to open a door for the gospel at the universities in Terrassa, Spain. Pray that He would raise up some key students who would be interested in our Global Aid Network projects.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closing a chapter - "graduating" another cohort of new staff

Meet the Monkey on Mondays!

Immigrant moms advancing together