The Way of Saint James 2010 / El Camino De Santiago 2010






All along the hundreds and hundreds of miles of trails that represent the Camino de Santiago (The Way of Saint James). there are hostels that cater to the hundreds of thousands of pilgrims headed to the destination city of Santiago.  La Fuente del Peregrino (The Pilgrim´s Fountain) is a hostel/refuge that was created by Agape 11 years ago, located in Ligonde not far from Santiago, to serve and minister to all those who pass by.

Coffee, water, first-aid and spiritual materials are available to all who pass by. The refuge has 10 beds available to pilgrims on a first-come/first-served basis. The pilgrims are served dinner (family style) and breakfast at no charge, although donations are welcome.

The work teams are made up of Christians from all over the world who sign-up to serve 1-2 weeks at a time. The days are long but the company is pleasant. The ministry opportunities are incredible, as many people who walk the "camino" are open to spiritual things and are seeking for God.

Catch a glimpse of the work that goes on here:



One comment from the guest book at the refuge from June 2009....

"All throughout my journey amazing things happened to me; but yesterday, I asked God to help me and he brought me here where I was received and cared for by enchanting people. I was listened to and spoiled, and for the first time in my life someone prayed to God for me, something that filled my body and sould with joy. I am near the end of my journey, but I know that God has something special up His sleeve for me. I hope that I will be able to dedicate myself to others like the refuge workers have dedicated their time for me. Thank you, thank you, thank you."  -Luis


On May 13 La Fuente del Peregrino opened its doors for another year of ministry and service to the pilgrims. This year, 2010, is considered a holy year, "Xacobeo," which is when the day of Saint James falls on a Sunday. Several of our Spanish staff, including MariAngles Bootello, whom I´ve been coaching in her financial support development, were there working non-stop to clean, organize, prepare materials and do whatever else necessary so that this summer will be truly special for all those who come to the refuge: workers and pilgrims alike.

Please pray for the teams of workers arriving each week between now and September. Pray that God will prepare divine appointments and use Agape´s refuge as a true physical and spiritual refuge for all who pass by. Pray that people come to know Jesus as a result of the work and ministry that goes on at the refuge. Pray that Christians will be strengthened and encouraged to continue on in their spiritual journey. Pray that Jesus will be lifted up in everything that goes on there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closing a chapter - "graduating" another cohort of new staff

Meet the Monkey on Mondays!

Immigrant moms advancing together