Raised Up for Such a Time as This?
Esther is one of my Bible heroes. A small town girl steps up to the plate at just the right moment and as a result her people are saved and history is changed forever.
While I can´t say that my situation is the same as that of Esther´s, it is interesting to see how God may open a door for the Spanish church here in Spain as a result of a few conversations this month.
My friend Kathie got in touch with me a couple weeks ago to refer me to a friend of hers who started a mentoring ministry. This friend happens to be long-time Navigators staffer Stacy Rinehart, founder of MentorLink, the ministry chosen for the Leadership Development track at the next Worldwide Lausanne Congress in Cape Town, South Africa this Oct 2010.
It´s interesting to see the chain of events....
March 3
MentorLink´s Weekly Prayer Requests: March 3
• Spain – Urgent – We are asking the Father for Mentors and Partners working in Spain. Pray with us as we wait on Him. Please contact Stacy Rinehart (StacyRinehart@MentorLink.org) if you know of any potential partner.
March 4
I spoke with Stacy and with Frode, the European representative for MentorLink, about a significant need for mentors and for mentor contacts in Spain. There are at least 100 people signed up for the conference and requesting mentors but noone availabe yet to mentor them.
March 8
I received this email from Kathie...
Jill,
Quickly wanted to forward this weekly Prayer Team Update from Stacy. Note his mention of you (but no name) and the help you are bringing! God provides every time!!
MentorLink´s Weekly Prayer Requests: March 8
• Spain – Praise: It appears the Lord provided a wonderful gift this past week with a leader who is willing to help us find partners and mentors in Spain. This is a real provision of the Lord and a gift to the Spaniards who will be served in the months and years to come. Thank you for praying.
The night of March 8
My son Aaron suddenly gets a fever of 104º. We race to the hospital (in the worst snowstorm in 30 years) to find out that he´s come down with a urinary tract infection. He was admitted to the hospital and stayed for 3 nights.
March 16
So, now, it´s been almost 2 weeks since I spoke with Stacy and I haven´t had a chance to move on this incredible opportunity. I have a list of key leaders that I know in Spain from a variety of ministries. I´ve been praying about my conversations with them. Aaron is better now. So, what am I waiting for?
I´m just a bit nervous. What if I can´t explain the need very well? What if they aren´t very interested in this incredible opportunity? What if they say "no"? Of course, these are human fears that can hinder if I let them.
Would you pray that the Lord would prepare the hearts of these key leaders and that He would guide my words and even my method of contact with them? Most of all, pray that the Lord would raise up godly mentors throughout Spain to provide guidance and leadership for these 100 Spaniards requesting mentors.
Thank you! I´ll let you know what happens!


Comments