Connecting

In the last 10 days, I´ve been sitting in front of my computer, but I´m not a couch potato.
Look at what I´ve done:

....I had a video conference with a roommate from college with whom I lost touch 10 years ago,
....I have discovered three new products from reading the blogs of friends,
....I´ve watched the local regional news for Burlington, N.C. via the internet from Spain,
....I have reconnected with 4 of minstry partners by Facebook after months of being out of touch,
....I exchanged instantaneous messages with a good friend in a far-away Eastern country by our mobile phones,
....I´ve shown off all of our baby "equipment" by uploading digital photos to own personal blog,
....I have added insight to my newsletters using movie clips from YouTube,
....and I just recorded a video message for you, my ministry partners, before the baby comes (which you can view below)
                                      ...just to name a few things.



The rapid changes in communication are definitley having an impact on our society, our culture and equally so on ministry. Recently I received a Facebook (FB) message from another friend in ministry who referred me to this video about the power of social media and the incredible shift in marketing and even "evangelism" that it´s having. Check it out by clicking on the link. (Be patient. It might take a minute or two to load.)

Did You Know?

The Social Media Revolution

How will this affect our ministry in the months and years to come?

I think it could be great for a newly home-bound mom who has an internet connection. I can´t wait to find out. Over the next few months I´ll let you know how it´s going. I´d love to hear from you, as well, about what you are learning and experiencing through social media.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closing a chapter - "graduating" another cohort of new staff

Meet the Monkey on Mondays!

Immigrant moms advancing together