Working on the Mountain Top

One day last week I was working "on location" on a mountain top. Yes...a literal mountain top. (Sometimes I just marvel at the opportunities I have and often wonder, "How in the world would I put what I do on a resumé?")

At the end of May staff leaders from all over the world will come to Spain, actually to Montserrat (about 6 miles from my little pueblo), to an event hosted by Campus Crusade for Christ, Internationl. They are coming to discuss reaching the large cities around the globe with the gospel. "Global Cities Summit" (or something along those lines) is the title of the gathering. Their planning team, based in Orlando needed help with some preparation on the Spain side and somehow this job ended up on my desk. I've helped to facilitate letters of invitation and permission for visas for specific people coming from India and from Ghana.

I don´t really mind. Events like these help keep alive my vision for reaching the world. They also help me stay in contact with CCC in the U.S. Louis Estrada came over from the U.S. to check out the facilities and to nail down some details with the monastery where the group will be staying. Louis and I actually know each other from years before when our paths crossed at Arrowhead Springs. What a small world it is! )especially in Campus Crusade for Christ!

I took the train to the top of the mountain and me up with Louis at the monastery today. I went just to assist him with translation as he talked with Padre Josep, but he actually speak some pretty good Spanish on his own. Later I had a chance to show him around Manresa. The following day we passed by the National Office, and then Ruben and I went with him to go for lunch in Barcelona see a few sites.

He shared stories about his wife Debbie and their kids. He also talked about their life and ministry in NYC before moving back to Orlando. It was encouraging to be able to help out for such a worthy event. It was also encouraging to be reminded of the ministry opportunities I have right here under my nose, not only with logistics and administrative needs but also in terms of taking the initiative in sharing the gospel with students and others that I have around me. Because it's not typical in the culture to take the initiative with people you don't know, I forget how easy it can be. Sometimes it takes someone coming in from outside to remind you of what you already know.

So, that's the scoop on the Global Cities for today. Next month I'll be able to share "the rest of the story" from the mountain top.

Thanks for being a part of the team that helps make these significant events become truly "mountaintop" experiences!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closing a chapter - "graduating" another cohort of new staff

Meet the Monkey on Mondays!

Immigrant moms advancing together